It’s Mardi Gras time, and we all know what that means… Moon Pies? Sure, we’ve all heard of throwing beads on Fat Tuesday, but in Alabama, home state of Belly Feathers’ Betsy Pruitt, they throw tiny frosted marshmallow snack cakes. “I knew a Mardi Gras dessert focused on Moon Pies would be a perfect way to celebrate Fat Tuesday this year,” Truitt says. “Plus, Moon Pies are delicious and any excuse to have one is a good day!”
Making this cute dessert really is as easy as pie. Just stack your favorite Mini Moon Pie flavors on a cake plate, and stick in this super easy topper using the printable fleur-de-lis from Belly Feathers.
Mardi Gras Moon Pie Cake Recipe
6 8-inch sections of sheer organza ribbon in purple, green, and gold, two lengths of each color
Bamboo skewer or thick toothpick
Mardi Gras printable cake topper
Glue dots or other adhesive
Mini Moon Pies, 4 boxes
1. Stack five ribbon lengths on top of each other.
2. Using the remaining ribbon, tie and knot the stack of ribbons to your bamboo skewer or toothpick, leaving enough room at the top for your fleur-de-lis.
3. Click on the link to the Mardi Gras printable cake topper and select the image to view the full-sized file.
4. Save to your computer and print.
5. In case you want to make your cake topper double-sided, the reverse image is included.