Hungry for the big game? These crowd pleasing favorites will have your guests cheering for more.
Bratwurst and Onions in Stout
¼ cup butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 onions, thinly sliced
2-3 bottles Guinness or other stout beer
8 bratwurst links, uncooked
Pickles, dill, sweet, or bread and butter
1. Prepare the grill for medium heat
2. Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook until translucent, three to five minutes. Add the beer and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat to low and keep the onion mixture warm.
3. Place the bratwurst on the grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally, until evenly charred, 20-25 minutes. Transfer the bratwurst to the onion mixture and let stand until ready to serve.
4. Serve the bratwurst in rolls with onions, mustard, and pickles.
Jalapeno “Popper” Dip
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
1 cup mayonnaise
1 ½ cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
5-6 minced jalapenos, or 1 (4-ounce) can sliced jalapenos
1 cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup Parmesan for topping
½ stick butter, melted
Preheat oven to 575 degrees.
1. In a food processor, add the first 6 ingredients and process until smooth.
2. Spread the mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole.
3. In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and melted butter; mix well.
4. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Be careful not to overcook or mayonnaise may separate.
5. Serve with tortilla chips or toasted pita triangles.
Makes 10-12 servings
Simple Deviled Eggs
6 large eggs, room temperature
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
¾ teaspoon white wine vinegar
Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
1. Fill a large pot with enough salted water to cover eggs and bring to a boil.
2. As soon as the water reaches a rapid boil, remove pot from heats and cover.
3. Let sit for about 20 minutes.
4. Immerse eggs in cold water and let cool 10 minutes. Peel.
5. Cut eggs in half, remove yolks and place in small bowl.
6. Mash yolks and mix in mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and S&P.
7. Spoon a dollop of mixture, evenly, among egg halves.
8. Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 12 servings.